The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-27-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Healthy Holiday Eating Hints

In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, many of us may find it difficult to maintain healthy eating habits. And so, as a public service, I have attached this helpful food pyramid to help all of my friends here remember to eat right... no matter what the season!

Hope this helps!

Love,
Hubris Boy
Old 12-27-2002, 04:00 AM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hmmm...that looks like yesterday, except not enough orange stuff. I'll have to work on that.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

I'm doing well on orange and dead animals. I guess what I need to know is if we can substitute hard liquor for carbonated and at what ratio?
Old 12-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #4
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
I guess what I need to know is if we can substitute hard liquor for carbonated and at what ratio?
Hey! Listen pal... this ain't Deal-A-Meal, you know. It took me years to perfect this system!

But, if you really must, you can substitute Wild Turkey for Mountain Dew at a ratio of 1 : 1 until you keel over.

Of course, if you drink them together (i.e. Rum and Coke), the net effect is zero. They cancel each other out, and you can drink as much as you want!
Old 12-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #5
Tobiasly
hot

HB, I was in line at Wendy's today, and ordered the Big Bacon Classic meal, super-sized with a Coke. Then I remembered your food pyramid, so I quickly added "wait.. hold the tomato". Thanks for helping me keep all this nutrition stuff straight.
<P ALIGN=CENTER></P>
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:13 PM   #6
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

The Other White Meat

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris Boy
Hey! Listen pal... this ain't Deal-A-Meal, you know. It took me years to perfect this system!
And don't think HB is not completely serious about this. Why, not two hours before revealing his secrets to healthy eating, HB sat down and glommed a huge plate of salad, with low-fat dressing (OK, I admit, there wasn't anything else in the house). In order to balance this out and eat the Healthy HB Way, he required nearly two pounds of macaroni 'n' cheese, but there was still something missing -- the all-important dead animal group!

He assured me that this was not a problem, and his dietary balance would be restored by ingesting large quantities of beef jerky and Slim Jims in the morning, but honey, I just have one question: What have you done with the cat?
Old 12-27-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

What if you drink orange soda - can you count that as a selection in two different groups?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 09:33 PM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: The Other White Meat

Quote:
Originally posted by 99 44/100% pure

In order to balance this out and eat the Healthy HB Way, he required nearly two pounds of macaroni 'n' cheese, but there was still something missing -- the all-important dead animal group!
The cheese of the Mac n' Cheese should be, by association, part of the dead animal group, under the logic that once it leaves the cow, it's not alive anymore. Absolutely, by the time the cheese is processed down to whey solids, it's DEAD.

Additionally, depending on the quality of cheese, it could also be part of the all-important orange group.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
What if you drink orange soda - can you count that as a selection in two different groups?
You can't get too much orange in your diet. *for that matter you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor*
Old 12-29-2002, 12:35 AM   #10
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
'Fraid not, UT.

Orange soda doesn't fall into the Orange Food category. Neither does orange juice. Nor oranges, for that matter.

The "orangeness" of a food is determined by its content of Red Dye #40 and/or Yellow #6. The best orange foods will leave a thick coating of orange residue (cheedle) on your fingers while you are eating them.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:01 AM   #11
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wait a minute...do I detect that the significant other of Hubris is gracing this board now? *rubs his hands with delight* Oh, this should be fun!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:31 PM   #12
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

BUSTED!

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Wait a minute...do I detect that the significant other of Hubris is gracing this board now? *rubs his hands with delight* Oh, this should be fun!
Yeah, you got me pegged . . . I am, indeed, the significant other of the highly esteemed HB. I started looking around the site in mid-December to see what all the middle-of-the-night gales of laughter were about, and got hooked. Naturally, I couldn't be content to just watch and keep my mouth shut (bite your tongue, sweetie) so I put in my two cents a few times.

HB figured out pretty quickly, and has been 'punishing' me ever since. ("Again! Harder! HARDER!!") So, thanks, cellar, for spicing up my life!

**An unsolicited testimonial regarding the healing, restorative powers of the cellar.org by 99 44/100% pure, AKA Humility Gal**
Old 01-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #13
warch
lurkin old school

Hooray! Nice to have you around!
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 06:07 PM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Is this still about the pantyhose?
Old 01-02-2003, 06:31 PM   #15
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

WHAT??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
Is this still about the pantyhose?
Um, did Hubris actually tell you guys about the pantyhose incident??!! Man, I'll kill him . . .