The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-03-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

8/3/2002: Feet of the Queen

Brits in the readership will already know about this one. These are the feet of H.M. the Queen. Normally Her Majesty doesn't really go around barefootin' but last week she visited a British mosque for the first time, paying tribute to the 3.5 million Muslims in Britain. The rarity of the appearance of the feet is what makes the pic so special. It turns out they look like everyone else's. Who knew?

She was also presented with a copy of the Koran in English and Arabic. She inquired about the direction of Mecca at the prayer room.

Anyone remember the old Robyn Hitchcock number "Veins of the Queen"? Or is it just me. It's just me again, isn't it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #2
Nic Name
retired

Funky Shoe Queen

Click on the feet of the Funky Shoe Queen!
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
chrisinhouston
Professor

Looking at her feet on that nice carpet reminds me of my trip to the UK last January. My cousin who is in a pretty good position in Parliament arranged for us to have a tour of the the facilities. We sat in the gallery at Prime Minister's Questions, visited the House of Lords and were taken to the Queen's robing chamber. When we got to the entry area my cousin's secretary who was giving us the tour asked the man in charge if we could cross over the "blue carpet" where the Royal's enter the building to see the chamber.

He looked at us and remarked "Alright, but cross the carpet very quickly". We sure didn't want to get any of our touristy dirt on the carpet so we just about ran over it.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote