The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 04-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

If anyone remembers Pat Tillman

He was the Free Safty for the Cardinals who quite football to join the Army Rangers w/ his brother after 9/11.

He was killed in afghanistan today. That sucks, scumbags like michael irvin & such get gigs doing pre-game shows, this guy does something with honor and he gets killed. Always the good guys.

Not like I am a cardinals fan, but I thought it was pretty cool of him to serve his country like that....
phillybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

Very honorable guy, he gave up over three million dollars trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately, Bush is gonna kill a lot of honorable men, who thought they were defending America, before he's done.

Last edited by Griff; 04-23-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
Very honorable guy, he gave up over three million dollars trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately, Bush is gonna kill a lot of honorable men, who thought they were defending America, before he's done.
Well, at least Tillman was killed in Afghanistan, where the REAL war on terror is being waged. It would stink a lot worse if he got killed in Iraq.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not to his mother.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
blue
Operations Operative

Puts me in a whole new attitude watching the draft this weekend, guys like Eli deciding where THEY WANT to play, guys like our very own McKenzie spouting off about not making enough (avg 3.5 mil a year with 3 years left on contract) sit out/trade me/I'll retire.

Anyone remember Simeon Rice's idiotic comments when Tillman enlisted? Something to the effect of "well he wasn't very good anyway, watched too many Rambo movies).

This guy Pat and his brother are truly heros, especially when that word is used so carelessly most of the time. If you have children, you'd be wise to teach them a little about this football player and his brother the baseball player.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

Yeah and ESPN

besides morons like Rice.....ESPN REALLY fucked up if you ask me becasue, WHO do they have sitting in as an analyst....the voice of the players.....

FUCKING Michael 'pass me another line and another hooker' Irvin!

He is what is WRONG with the sport and ALL sports..........

BAD move ESPN....

Nice to honor Tillman though......Wonder what Rice was saying as they did and his sorry ass got sent home from the pro bowl!! a superbowl ring still can't character flaws!!!

Later
phillybilly is offline   Reply With Quote