The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Another upstanding repubican

Why do so many repubican politicians masquerade as something they're not? Just to get elected? And why do repubican voters continue to fall for the lies?

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Idaho Sen. Larry Craig, who has voted against gay marriage and opposes extending special protections to gay and lesbian crime victims, finds his political future in doubt after pleading guilty to misdemeanor charges stemming from complaints of lewd conduct in a men's room.
Quote:
The arrest changes that dynamic, said Jasper LiCalzi, a political science professor at Albertson College of Idaho in Caldwell, Idaho. He cited the House page scandal that drove Florida Rep. Mark Foley from office.
Quote:
Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, is under scrutiny for his relationship with a contractor who helped oversee a renovation project that more than doubled the size of the senator's home.

Sen. David Vitter, R-La., acknowledged that his phone number appeared in records of a Washington-area business that prosecutors have said was a front for prostitution.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think our politicians are just a real horny, hypocritical bunch.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Hell, then, I'm halfway to the presidency!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Karsnia described Craig tapping his foot, which Karsnia said he "recognized as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct."
I didn't know that.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I think most Americans would vote for a horny person. So just own up to it, and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I didn't know that.
Then you better stop - you might get more than you bargained for.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I didn't know that.
*tapping foot*

Riiiiight, bruce, tell us another.

Everyone knows foot tapping is code for: would you care to explore my nether regions?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Spexxvet

Quote:
*tapping foot*

Riiiiight, bruce, tell us another.

Everyone knows foot tapping is code for: can I explore your tailpipe?
Is Bruce running for office?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I had to edit my comment, spexx, coz if I was tapping MY foot at bruce and saying it meant 'can I explore your tailpipe?' it makes me look like more of a deviant than i actually am. Not into poop myself, and thus do not really wish to explore anyone's tailpipe--ever. I know there are those who enjoy a good spelunking down there, but I think LJ is at work.

—James Barrie

Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Spexxvet

Quote:
I had to edit my comment, spexx, coz if I was tapping MY foot at bruce and saying it meant 'can I explore your tailpipe?' it makes me look like more of a deviant than i actually am. Not into poop myself, and thus do not really wish to explore anyone's tailpipe--ever. I know there are those who enjoy a good spelunking down there, but I think LJ is at work.
Plenty of tailpipe where he works, though. Oh, you mean "taaaaiil-pipe"....
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

If you're gay, then just be gay. Don't try to hide it by being the ultimate fag-basher. Reminds me of Al Pacino's character in "Angels in America"...without the HIV and stuff.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, he was in a stall and tapped his foot? He was arrested for a nervous habit? I was expecting a more significant lewd act ... one of my patients was arrested by the feds for lewd behavior (doing the shake off more than twice is apparently considered a lewd act by the federal police) in a restroom down by Independence Hall ... he defended himself in court and actually (er, I didn't mean to do this) got off. From the charges, I mean.

Pleading to a lesser charge in hopes that nobody would notice, that wasn't too bright.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
queequeger
Hypercharismatic Telepathical Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
If you're gay, then just be gay. Don't try to hide it by being the ultimate fag-basher. Reminds me of Al Pacino's character in "Angels in America"...without the HIV and stuff.
Hey, when you're raised from birth to think smurfs are pure evil, are going to hell, don't deserve the same rights as us, and indeed are some of the people that god actually HATES.... and then discover that you are, in fact, a smurf. Could you imagine the havoc that kind of cognitive dissonance would wreak on a person?? I think that's why all the closeted congressmen are so ANGRY!

It's like the Dave Chappel KKK character. "He divorced his wife, saying that 'she was a nigger lover'"
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It occurs to me that if the congresscritter were in a stall, he may not have been upstanding at the time.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
So, he was in a stall and tapped his foot? He was arrested for a nervous habit?
Yeah, the evidence seems quite weak, assuming the article has their best case. And I don't see why, even if the cop interpreted things correctly, what he did should even be illegal. I'm not a fan of cop shortcuts- if the cops feel the need for an undercover sting, they should wait until an actual crime is committed before springing the trap. A knowing look over a business card isn't a crime.
Quote:
Pleading to a lesser charge in hopes that nobody would notice, that wasn't too bright.
Indeed.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

LoL Queeq.

Quote:
Betcha they don't gots nothin on the '80s-'90s British Conservatives!

How many of your politicians have been found dead of auto-asphyxia wearing stockings and suspenders with an amyl nitrate soaked satsuma in their mouth?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote