The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Video Capture Software

Minifob wants to make little showcase/tutorial videos of himself playing Minecraft. We downloaded a free program, which was okay but not great, but then it turned out to secretly be a demo and stopped working after a month.

We want to set him up with a real solution for Christmas, but we don't have the energy or time to download all the software demos out there and try them out. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with a good program? Even better would be something that comes bundled with a good microphone headset, but we can deal with that separately if need be.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I've used Flashback Express by Blueberry Software. I wanted to show a computer-phobe his new house by zooming from space down to his home with GoogleEarth.

It works, after a fashion. The finished product is not what you'd call particularly smooth. It's a free, quick download, and easy enough to use, but, you'll probably want something better.

Just letting you know it's out there.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Don't know what the modern programme is like but years ago J and I used to use camtasia to make machina films. It used to slow the games down horribly and the frame rate in playback was pretty poor, but that was most likely due to the limitations of the machines we were using.

I do remember it being very stable and intuitive to use though.

I could ask J if he knows any good modern ones.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
glatt

Everything I have tried sucks, so I'd be curious to hear recommendations too.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Video camera/phone camera over the shoulder would probably give best visual results...for the Minecraft bit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote