The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Flint, Dev, I don't think Beestie likes AG'ers

Did we come on too strong today?
SteveBsjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

Even Dev was taking shots at me! ha ha ha

Now, as I understand it, posts here need to contain more words, in order to "count" as "valid" posts, so allow me to elaborate on the situation which was observed here, today, on this site, between the people to whom it happened to, and the people by whom the happening was initiated. Quite a spectacle of fantastic proportions was known to have occured on that fateful day. Ah, yes indeed, quite a spectacle it was. A few feathers were ruffled, a few hasty and introductions made, by proxy, as it were, through quick inference from limited data. What was learned on that fateful day? What indeed. Many things, or none. It depends. Yes, indeed, my friends it depends on quite a few factors. Quite a few factors indeed. Yes, yes, indeed. One thing was certain. A large paragraph was needed for the purposes of posting very many words, as opposed to just a few words. Quite a few words, indeed. Yes indeed, my friends, quite a few words.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Flint
Snowflake

I mean, we had the sense to post on the board labeled "Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else." ha ha ha

(Except where a thread was made about us, elsewhere. I did respond to that, as the topic was "us")
Old 03-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

I don't even know what a Beestie is... No one here has really said anything overly negative to me other than another AGer... but I said my piece about that and it's done...

People here are just trying to get a read on us just like anywhere else... where you were comfortable there... here is another place altogether... I've noticed that suggestions were made and that's all well and good... but whether someone has been here years or five minutes... everyone should realize it takes all kinds to make of the world... and if that self made mold of how someone should act or post in this case is different to your way of thinking then it's probably your own problem...

One thing I haven't done is come in here and make a lot of threads about whatever... I've tried to read from different forums and such to get a read on people... but anyway... I think I've reached my post quota so I'm done...
Stevonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
Flint
Snowflake

@Dev: Which other AGer said something "overly negative" to you?

I must have missed that one, it sounds pretty un-cool, unnecessary conflict.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

this is THE CELLAR!! not AG. no one cares where you come from
Old 03-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

I don't really feel the need to discuss it any further... you'll have to come to your own conclusions on that one Flint...

as I said in the post above yours... "I said my piece about that and it's done"...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
Flint
Snowflake

Oh, that's okay, you don't have to tell me, for whatever reason.

But, it's just that, you mentioned it, so you must have wanted to talk about it.

I mean, if nobody knows what you're talking about, what's the point of saying it?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
this is THE CELLAR!! not AG. no one cares where you come from
Not sure who you're talking to but we don't care that you're here either...yet...

you people are like apes around a monolith learning how to beat bones on rocks for the first time...
Old 03-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
Flint
Snowflake

I didn't think internet posts needed a disclaimer about possible humor content, but . . .
Old 03-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #11
Kagen4o4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_of_AG
Not sure who you're talking to but we don't care that you're here either...yet...

you people are like apes around a monolith learning how to beat bones on rocks for the first time...
my point was, "dev of AG", is that within 24 hours this laid back forum of both oldies and newcomers was bombarded with new threads about another forum "AG" and the Celler was compared to AG. no one wants to see 10 new threads about some other place that only 3 new people know.

please check the new thread about rules for posting. its both educational and entertaining
Old 03-29-2006, 03:16 AM   #12
Stevonez
conformity is deformity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
please check the new thread about rules for posting. its both educational and entertaining
I would do that Kagen... but I'm on some of the slowest dialup connectivity known to man... so I usually don't bother with such things...

thanks for caring enough to try and edumacate us youngin's though...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:47 AM   #13
Kagen4o4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_of_AG
I would do that Kagen... but I'm on some of the slowest dialup connectivity known to man... so I usually don't bother with such things...

thanks for caring enough to try and edumacate us youngin's though...

dont worry, its not an attack, its a humourous little cartoon about posting on forums. worth the wait if you are on a slow connection. its in the form of an old school educational video (like the "duck and cover" method for a nuclear attack) complete with little billy.