The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 03-08-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

Has anyone seen this movie????

I was talking to my boyfriend about this movie we both saw a long time ago but can't remember the name. It's a horror about some building that doesn't have a 13th floor because so many people died up there, like there was a murderer up there. So anyway, one day people stopped the elevator inbetween floors and pried open the doors and the killer was still up there. He kills with an axe, and I remember that the lighting on that floor was gas, and that's how it ends; the place blows up.

So if this rings any bells for anyone, I need the name of this movie! Just that I can't think of it is driving me nuts.
monicakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

http://imdb.com/title/tt0100262/plotsummary

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

thanks That was a relief...
monicakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I haven't looked it up, but wasn't it something terribly obvious like "The 13th Floor", or something like that?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #5
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

Nightmare on the 13th Floor...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
mrnoodle
bent

Is anyone planning on seeing The Ring 2? I liked the rerelease of the first one well enough. It's not a classic, but I have always been a sucker for some of the tricks they played in that one. Showing the well in increasingly short shots, up until the hand comes out of it towards the end.
Showing the victims just long enough that you get a glimpse, but not a gorefest. The Creepy Kid(tm) at the end saying "You didn't help her, did you?"

Didn't see Ringu.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
chainsaw
Wingnahningning... Er somethin'

I saw Ringu before The Ring. 3/4 of the way through it, my phone rang. That was the closest I've come to actually peeing my pants in a very long time.

I highly recommend Ringu and Ju-on (Japanese version of The Grudge) over the American versions. They are much scarier... maybe because some things are lost in translation and I didn't understand it as well. I dunno, but they're friggin' spooky.

I still can't look at TV when it's off.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Is anyone planning on seeing The Ring 2?
I want to but I'm leery of sequels and typically wait till they have been out a while so I can tell if they suck or not. I loved The Ring and hope version 2 is as good. I have a hard time thinking that they can top the original.

I saw The Grudge and it was scary but not the kind of scary that sticks with you long after you leave the theatre like The Ring did. Brrrrrr!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #9
lookout123
changed his status to single

The Ring was awesome - my dad thinks i'm an idiot for liking it. my wife and i were staying in a mountain top cabin out in the middle of nowhere. we knew nothing of the movie, but it was there so we put it in. i don't know if the movie is as intriguing in the city in broad daylight, but i remember being plenty spooked by the hand coming out at the end.

i know it is hoky, but it was fun getting spooked. sort of like the original Candyman - sure it's just a cheesy movie, but how many of you have stood in front of a mirror and said his name 3 times? maybe that one was better, because i regularly went through the Cabrini Green area and knew how dicey it was.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

I loved the ring and will definitely go to see the ring 2. The grudge was odd. like they kept doing the same things over and over and it was scary, but kinda went nowhere. but i still think about them at night in my bed, that little boy creeps the hell out of me for sure.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #11
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

Did anyone see I Huckabees? That was a good one- crazy funny. Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin as existentialist detectives. Jason Schwartzman (comedic genius) hires them to investigate the coincidences in his life and tell him what the "big picture" is. A must-see.