The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for with Hillary out?
Bernie 3 27.27%
Biden 2 18.18%
Kaine 1 9.09%
Trump 5 45.45%
Gary 0 0%
Jill 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

When they replace Hillary who would get your Vote for?

I feel like its an interesting question. The DNC worked pretty hard to beat Bernie. Does that camp still hold sway? They know Biden would crush Trump but how would they justify it?

Last edited by Griff; 09-12-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
glatt

We can only hope she is removed. I find it unlikely.

As far as who the DNC goes with in this hypothetical situation:
Choosing Bernie would be following the will of the voters most closely.
Biden has been elected before, so the voters have chosen him before. That lends some credibility to that pick.
Kaine was appointed by Hillary, so that doesn't reflect the will of the voters at all. But coming from Virginia, I have voted for him every time he has been an option on the ballot. He's good and would make a good president.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

It don't matter who we vote for trump is going to win. I have called every presidental election rite since 1964 Johnson. I pray constantly that I am wrong
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Remember, vote early and often!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

God, what a thrill if Biden ran after all. He still would never agree, but hey.

If Kaine got it, that would be like Hillary getting passed over for promotion. Hard to run again when the guy under you got picked. But Biden as former VP, vs. Hillary as former Secretary of State, that would almost be like she had politely deferred to her boss and figured she'd catch the next elevator. Psychologically, Biden leaves the best opening for her to make a third try.

What if the whole thing's a setup? Like the DNC figured out it's too close of a margin after all, and told her she had to get replaced with someone stronger, but let her stage a slowly-growing fake medical issue to save face? Stuff of TV dramas written by Aaron Sorkin, I know. Not how it happens in real life. But I do love a good conspiracy theory.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh, also, a write-in candidate for the above poll: Michelle Obama.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:07 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

They wouldn't even have to change the furniture.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #8
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

And the CIA killed Kennedy. I feel it is true. So it must be true. Where is my idol Limbaugh on this?

If asking hypothetical questions, more useful is to ask about things that have basis in reality and are of concern. What happens when a nuke is launched by the kid in N Korea? Does Japan have the right to invade N Korea? Will that happen even though it is completely justified and required by military doctrine even 2500 years ago?

What happens if China start building on the Scarbourgh Shoals? That is a hypothetical that all in that region are rushing to plan for (except an idiot running the Philippines).

The Donald invading N Korea using his emotional justifications also is not discussed. That is not a hypothetical question based in reality. A better hypothetical question is by how much wacko extremists remain outnumbered in polls.

Last edited by tw; 09-13-2016 at 07:48 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #9
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh, also, a write-in candidate for the above poll: Michelle Obama.
This
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
And the CIA killed Kennedy. I feel it is true. So it must be true. Where is my idol Limbaugh on this?

If asking hypothetical questions, more useful is to ask about things that have basis in reality and are of concern. What happens when a nuke is launched by the kid in N Korea? Does Japan have the right to invade N Korea? Will that happen even though it is completely justified and required by military doctrine even 2500 years ago?

What happens if China start building on the Scarbourgh Shoals? That is a hypothetical that all in that region are rushing to plan for (except an idiot running the Philippines).

The Donald invading N Korea using his emotional justifications also is not discussed. That is not a hypothetical question based in reality. A better hypothetical question is by how much wacko extremists remain outnumbered in polls.
It sounds like you want to say Chelsea Clinton; but, can't quite spit it out.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #11
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
It sounds like you want to say Chelsea Clinton; but, can't quite spit it out.
It sound like you are spitting The Donald venom again. That happens when you drink Ann Coulter rhetoric.

Find your dictionary yet?
Old 09-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #12
sexobon

sexobon - 5, tw- -0, case closed.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:12 AM   #13
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post

I'm not sure arguing for Nixon, W, and Hillary's foreign policy is a winner for you.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #14
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I'm not sure arguing for Nixon, W, and Hillary's foreign policy is a winner for you.
I need not say. I am a disciple of The Donald. Truthiness: ideas that 'feel right' and therefore should be true. I too can have a hoard of supporters.

Next. Order the Blue Man CD called "How to Be a President". Then I know everything that The Donald knows.

And I need not go searching for a dictionary.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #15
sexobon

Quote:

Hillary Clinton regrets her Iraq vote. But opting for intervention was a pattern.

It was hours before Sen. Hillary Clinton would vote in 2002 on whether to give President George W. Bush the authority to go to war with Iraq. She had been advised by her husband and many close associates to vote “yes.” ...

...For years, Clinton has blamed Bush for misleading her into voting for the resolution. But an examination by The Washington Post found that her decision was based as much on advice from her husband’s advisers as from Bush administration officials. There were also significant gaps in her fact-gathering, most notably her apparent failure to read a classified analysis that other senators cited in voting against the resolution. ...

... Fourteen years later, Clinton’s decision is a heated issue in her presidential campaign against Republican Donald Trump, who said at a Sept.*7 forum that her vote and other hawkish actions show that “she has a happy trigger.” Clinton responded that force is her last resort, even as she acknowledged that she regrets the Iraq decision. (Trump has repeatedly said he opposed the resolution, but fact-checkers have determined that he favored it at the time Clinton voted.) ...
Proof positive that if that double-crossing Democrat, Iraq invading, mission accomplished, over 5,000 dead Americans, whacko extremist Hillary Clinton were out; then, Donald Trump would be the logical candidate to vote for in lieu of her.