The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-05-2007, 12:50 AM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

Thumbs up Leased

I signed my apartment lease today. About 7 blocks west and 3 blocks north of the Illlini Union and Main Quad, which is EDIT: i fucked up my math bad i'm quite embarassed

The living room, really nice, quite large, the furniture was bomb! Nice couch made out of I don't even know the material but it was very comfortable.

Dang let me rewind. Me and two of my friends, I and A, (not the fraternity guys, decided I didn't wan to do 4v1 next year) decided to live together in an apartment next year. We've been searching this week and visited a couple of places, but nothing substantial came out of the searches. Well today we had a chance where all three of us could actually go together and we set out to this spot.

The two bedrooms are decent size, but considerably smaller than my current house room ::tears:: but I can deal with it. The third bedroom is significantly bigger and has a walk in closet. We let our biggest roommate, I, take that room (I wanted to do random room decision) as long as he pays 20 dollars more a month for rent. My only gripe about the rooms is the....junior beds! They aren't full size like most apartments we looked at. That'll be a downgrade.... But I'm not violent while sleeping so all good I guess.

We decided to...Man I'm getting ahead of myself. The rent is $897 a month remodeled and furnished...we decided to remodel the cabinets, dish washer, counter and hardwood floor for 140 dollars more a month. So that's like 1037 total which comes to 345 a month per person. The landlord is tight, he seems like a really nice fair guy. My mom's colleague is actually the one who recommended him to my mom who told me about him at U of I. Plus we talked to the tenants who also said he's a really good landlord and got their AC fixed like an hour after it died. Landlord W, seems like a good guy.

Anyway I signed a security deposit check of my 345 and we all signed the lease tonight (I and A will get their deposit in the next 72 hours).
Decent location (I have a bike so transportation and distance are no issue for me at least), nice apartment, cheap rent (compared to some 600 dollar apartments or living in the dorms for 700-800 monthly!) I'm thoroughly satisfied with our decision.

I only wish it was a standard size beddddd
All good, there is always a catch.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 10-05-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: math
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Congrats fresh. I can just imagine how many happy dances you've done today. lol
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Good goin Fresh
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 AM   #4
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I signed my apartment lease today. About 7 blocks west and 3 blocks north of the Illlini Union and Main Quad, which is the square root of 21 bocks away from campus
sounds great, but back to math class with you...

A = 7 blocks west, B = 3 blocks north, C = distance to campus
A squared + B squared = C squared
49+9 = C Squared
square root of 58 = C
C = 7.6 and a bit
but really, C = 10, unless you have a jet pack or helicopter, since you won't be going diagonally.

Enjoy the new apartment!
And please tolerate my being a smart alec...
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
freshnesschronic
Professor

Holy shit. That's why I'm a sports management major. I can't even do simple algebra anymore.
A squared + B squared = C squared....oh right right.....
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Congrats Fresh.

I'll be looking for apartments next semester, I really need to get out of the dorms.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote