The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Shades of 2004!

The Italian election result are in giving the center-left coalition a win by 25,000 out of 38 million votes, including overseas votes, over Berlusconi's center-right party, which has been beset by allegations of corruption. (sound familiar)?

This comes on the heels of the (previously) ruling center-right party changing election rules to guarantee small parties seats in spite of actual position.

The center-right refuses to concede, calling for verfication and a court ruling.

Quote:
That did not persuade Berlusconi. "Nobody now can say they have won," he said.

He said the overseas vote that decided the final Senate seats was far from decided, and there were "many irregularities and it's possible that we won't be able to confirm that it has been a valid vote."

"We won't hesitate to recognize the political victory for our adversaries — but only once the necessary legal verification procedures have been completed," he said. His camp called for a recount in the lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, which Prodi's forces won with a 25,000-vote margin out of 38 million ballots cast.

The Interior Ministry said the overall results must still be confirmed by Italy's highest court, and that parliament's election committees would have to rule on any challenges.
It's deja vu all over again.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Stealing elections is going to become the rage worldwide. America is a trendsetter.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

How does one say "hanging chad" in Italian. Or even worse, maybe they were using America Diebold electronic voting machines. Demonstrate why Italians should first consult the Cellar:
Letting the Voter Count

Last edited by tw; 04-12-2006 at 01:44 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Stealing elections is going to become the rage worldwide. America is a trendsetter.
Trendsetters in preemptive striking

Mcdonalds.

Chemically altered or engineered food filled with hormones.

yum

Did you guys here the latest about the electronic phone jamming which jammed democrate votes? No wonder .'B' was so sure he'd win the election. ( twice )
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote