The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Somebody placed a curse on me

A funny thing happened on my way to bed last night. Somebody placed an SMS/text messaging curse on me. I recieved the following through my cellphone:

"Never a day of peace, a weary heart, these 2 things may from you never part...A night absent amiss of bliss will come for you with sorrow's kiss."

My first reaction was to laugh at the pathetic fool that sent the message. It is an obvious and desperate attempt at attention. Not worth my trouble. Specially since I know that the person who sent the message claims to be a Dark Arts follower and claims to be a Filipino Wicca / Witch. In order to fully understand why this person hates my guts that much, I have to take you guys back about 2 before I recieved the "curse".

My aunt, who retired 2 years ago, has the sad position of being the family atm. Anybody who needs money comes to her. Well, she has this triumvirate of sisters who are her cousins who insist in sending her to the poor house. In fact, the one who put the curse on me, was able to "borrow" 175 thousand pesos ($3000.00) and never paid her back so my aunt was forced to sue her. The case is still in the hands of the court as we speak.

Well, the same person is yet again in dire need of money and tried to borrow money from my aunt using her sister as the pawn. Now my aunt, who can never seem to say no to being conned by people, told the sister to talk to me. If I agreed to lend them a hundred thousand pesos ($1900.00) then okay. My aunt has made her financial adviser and I make her financial decisions for her ever since she almost lost her entire retirement money in less than a year.

So the sister calls my aunt and cries and says she needs the money very badly and she will pay my aunt back in US dollars (I insisted that my aunt convert her retirement money to a currency that won't disappear overnight) with interest. Well, I simply said "No way! Request denied! We are still in the process of suing you sister!"

Since that sister failed on her mission, they sent out their eldest sister to demand my aunt "lend" them the money. Again I was placed in the firing line and I stood my ground. We even had a heated debate about how Banks are the safest investment for anybody in the Philippines . She wqas demanding I take the money out and I demanded she leave us alone. Nothin' doin! Then the same sister tells us that the one we sued is constantly texting them and crying. Ah ha! So we finally find out who really needs the money !

After the hot under the collar "discussion", I thought that was the end of it but No! The stupid sister in real need could not let it go. She needed her revenge. And so the "curse" text messages began.

The first one asked me if I was ready to face my creator and what would I say to him? There was a place for people like in me in hell who is a killer of a poor person. A killer of a person who has no money herself! Duh? If I have no money, why the heck is she hounding me? Why hound my aunt? (Addendum: my aunt legally adopted me so she said that I should take care of her money very well because anything left over is my inheritance when she dies) Pathetic don't you think?

Anyway, to end the problem, I am changing all my contact numbers. I am not going to give them the enjoyment of knowing they are harassing me. I will not let it affect me. Instead, I say to them, "I leave you in the Supreme Beings (Gods) hands."
Old 02-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

ignore these fools and leave them in your dust AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #3
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

The supernatural is the last recourse of the resourceless.

The Gods and Demons engaged in the eternal struggle over the distribution of Karma haven't the slightest interest in doing the bidding of losers who are probably due a Karmic adjustment themselves.

Worry not. Which is more than I can say for the wannabe supernatural power broker that sent you the message.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

I wish I could do that zippyt. Specially since these people who call themselves relatives have a knack for showing up at the gate and start screaming from the street that I am evil and refuse to take care of my relatives, and a host of other things. All that simply because I refuse to bend and let them have their way. Being the youngest, I am supposed to roll over and let them wipe their muddy feet all over me if they order me to. I am a principled person. Is tand by what I believe to be right and nothing will ever make me change my mind. No curse nor harrassment will ever make me do that. One thing you have to understand is that Filipinos are basically cowards. The stab you in the back but will not fight you in a fair open fight. They will never win. They fight in the cover of darkness and use trecheary as their best weapon. They run when the real battles are to be fought. Perhaps there is an appropriate "white" counter curse I can use on these people?

BTW, I would like to thank every body for suggesting that my sis Tonchi get the beautiful stun gun for me last Christmas. It seems I may need to use it on this person who cursed me at least.

Last edited by Luisa; 02-04-2006 at 12:47 AM. Reason: grammatical errors
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
zippyt

BTW, I would like to thank every body for suggesting that my sis Tonchi get the beautiful stun gun for me last Christmas. It seems I may need to use it on this person who cursed me at least.

Rember this a defensive weapon , NOT an offencive weapon , don't gode them into attacking , just defend your self
A girl at the shop was going thru a NASTY divorse one time ,
dude used to beat the HELL out of her for the SLightest thing ,
I told her to get a big can or peper spray and a ball bat ,
and when ( not if ) he starts in on you douche the bastard with the pepper spray untill it is running off his nose , then wack his knees with the bat , and roll him out the door and call the cops .
You are just defending your self
Well he did , and she did , and the cops were MOST impressed ( slightly pissed because she used COP pepper spray ( different color ) )
she had to do this twice befor he got a clue and went AWAY !!!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:04 AM   #6
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Luisa, a follower of Wicca would know that, once a curse is made, the person casting the curse should expct to get misery in return. Most Wiccans avoid negative workings for this reason. Witches who are not Wiccan, however, have no such compunctions and work equally with dark and light energies.

First and foremost, this curse will most likely have only as much power as you give it, so be happy and be well, and thwart the curse.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I would hazard a guess, you’re more annoyed by the harassment than afraid of a curse.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
First and foremost, this curse will most likely have only as much power as you give it, so be happy and be well, and thwart the curse.
Exactly. I deleted the message and went to sleep. A curse will only have power if I believe it and if I allow it to have power over me. Neither of which I am inclined to do ever. So the person casting the curse can go stir and fry for all I care. We all know what happened to the last guy who brought imbalance to the force by turning to the dark side
Old 02-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I would hazard a guess, you’re more annoyed by the harassment than afraid of a curse.
You hit the bullseye Bruce! I was more annoyed because it drained my cellphone battery needlessly and I was already drifting off to sleep when the cellphone decided to wake me up. The sender lost more though. It costs money to send nasty messags like that. Being the frugal person that I am, I probably irritated the fake Witch more because what was done did not illicit any kind of reaction from me.

The best way to irritate your enemy? Keep quiet for as long as you can and simply cut them out of your life
Old 02-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
zippyt

never argue with an idiot , they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experence .

Let the fools wag their toungs , you stay calm and do what is right !!!

Oh and keep the stun gun handy , the fools may deside to be even MORE foolish !!!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #11
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Part of the reason that Luisa wanted to ask our opinions here is that, in the Philippines, if it becomes known that so many people hate you that they are putting curses on you, OTHERS assume there must be something to the accusations and then they avoid you. It's the old "Well, she must have deserved it somehow" or "Where there's smoke there's fire" mentality that congenital gossips have and you can bet that the word is out all over Tondo at this point although Luisa never says a word. Filipinos do not concern themselves so much with whether it is true or not, they just don't want any of the bad luck somebody is wishing on you to rub off on them
Old 02-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Cellphones are evil in and of themselves, but they are not terribly good conduits for the passage of evil magick.

Battery life is too short and the signal gets too unstable.

Of course I've tried. How do you think I know for sure?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Would you like the phone number for Lucila the Curser? We can do a group project
Old 02-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #14
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Cellphones are evil in and of themselves, but they are not terribly good conduits for the passage of evil magick.

Battery life is too short and the signal gets too unstable.

Of course I've tried. How do you think I know for sure?
Exactly why I am sure I pissed her off a lot more than she did me
Old 02-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #15
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Would you like the phone number for Lucila the Curser? We can do a group project
Lucila the curser doesn't even have the guts to use her own cellphone number. She is using her sons cellphones. Why do I know this? I have caller ID and her number is in my addressbook. It definitely isn't her number. But it is her speech pattern.