The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

This is a news story that will upset you.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6230596.html

This child's murder happened last year in Galveston and it has just come to trial. Hard to understand what makes people beat thier kids to the point of death. Gennerally I think folks like this are poorly educated and have a lot of problems going on in their own lives including crappy childhoods of their own but I really have to wonder how they did not realize that what they were doing was so terribly wrong; nothing in their past can make this kind of thing acceptable. Usually it's parents who have one child they keep locked up and underfeed while good taking care of the rest. You look at the picture of this little girl and you wonder how anyone could have hurt her.

I raised 5 kids and they all turned out great and now I have 12 grandchildren. I could never imagine myself doing anything that would hurt them. I guess that is what makes us all different.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
chrisinhouston
Professor

I forgot to mention that these 2 met while playing the online game World of Warcraft.

Check out the other pictures, the one of the mom and dad. Really scary looking!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The only bright light in that story is the little girl only had to endure two years of life with those people.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

This makes me sick to my stomach. I was abused pretty badly as a kid. My brother and I were put in homes on several occasions but the courts always sent us back to our parents.

Do I think physical punishment (spankings) is ok? Of course. In fact I think if you don't spank your kids, you are doing them a disservice and aren't a very good parent. But there is a HUGE difference between regular spanking and this kind of abuse. I think if you're a good parent your kids should fear you a little, and after the age of 5, you shouldn't have to use any kind of physical punishment again.

The guy in this article needs to be put into the general population of the population of the prison with a t-shirt showing that beautiful little girl's photo with the words "I killed this little girl" under her photo. He wouldn't last a day.

I wouldn't mind giving this guy what he deserves myself. The girls' mother is just as bad as this guy for letting it happen.

I feel sick when I see someone harm an innocent kid. These guys are no better than the lady who microwaved her baby.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I just don't know how such horrible things happen.

Someone said once that we get more fired up over animal abuse than we do child abuse. I believe some of us contended that perhaps this kind of thing is unfathomable. I think when we think too hard about this kind of thing, it's painful. But obviously it needs to be thought hard about.

Jeez.

Radar's right. Dude won't get any sympathy in prison.