View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 08:36 AM   #6
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

How do you list that on a resume? "Major Skill?" "Staying awake during long perioids of extreme discomfort and boredom."

That's one of the reasons I stayed the hell away from the military...I would have ended up as a laundry clerk or something.

I've been to a couple of airshows at Whiteman in recent years (it is the closest one now that we don't have Richards-Gebaur anymore...they used to put on a *bitchin'* annual show, though). They feature the B2 quite prominently, although you don't get to get really close to it like the other, older aircraft. It is still pretty damn neat standing about 150' away from the taxiway and seeing it, though. It is a weird looking thing from the side. Looks more like the submarine from "Fantastic Voyage" than an aircraft in that profile.

I've got some pretty good video of the B2 from that perspective...I should digitize a bit of it and put it up on my web space.