View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #17
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I was told by my Jungian dream counselor once that house dreams have to do with your relatives. The further you ascend is the further you are getting spiritually, and the further you descend, the deeper you are going into your subconscious mind. Apparently if you go deep enough you can tap in to the collective, but this would involve shirking the fears, because the further you descend the darker it can get. I've had a lot of house dreams and the description suited me because I could feel people that I couldn't see in the rooms. At one point I had someone showing me through the house and it was important that I had an impression of the people that occupied each room. (even though I couldn't see them) Each room was decorated differently and had a different feeling about it. The description still seemed to follow because the further I would ascend the older the room was. So, I think I trust my dream therapists explanation. If it is true, the impression I have of some of my ancestors is scary as hell, and some are quite cheery. I never did figure out who the dream figure was showing me around. It's the same house but a new figure appeared. I have been so scared in the house in other dreams that the further I ascended the less I felt like I could move or breathe. I think the trick is to get over the fear, and take a look at what you are seeing. I was also told that everything in the dream means something significant to you or symbolizes something significant to you, and you have to figure out what it is. That was long ago, though. I don't think I have those anymore.