View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I stopped drinking after college. I never had a problem with it, but it never really did anything for me. Every year or two I'll have a glass of wine or beer, but I just don't have the taste for it. My drink snobbery now is basically tea.

There was never much alcohol in my family when I was growing up and I hoped to pass that on. Unfortunately, Lee drinks and smokes, two things Mrs. Levy and I have never done the entire time we have been married beyond the occasional glass of wine at Passover. Fortunately, he has shown a great level of responsibility and never had a DUI incident or related accident, something that happened a lot with his friends.

As long as he sticks to mostly beer and wine, and in moderation, I haven't got an issue. The smoking really pisses me off though, especially with the baby. He does go outside with friends to do it, so again he's at least being responsible.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 12-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote