View Single Post
Old 02-17-2001, 06:18 PM   #16
GarlicQueen
May Ter Dee

Re: Parking parking parking

...Phoenixville is classic of a totally mismanaged community because its residents are their own worst enemy....

I don't think it's the residents -- it's more that the Borough Council is overloaded with folks who have no vision. I think we should have 1 Council person/ward and 1 at large -- pare down the Council and get rid of these folks who are "rewarded" for their years of "political service" by getting to be on Council.

...Remember Phoenixville area suburbs have seen NO housing boom yet while town rush hour traffic already backs up waiting for multiple green lights....

Um, where do you live? I've been here since 1986 and I'd say there has been a *huge* housing boom since then. The "suburbs" of Phoenixville are filled with Sheetrock mansions!

...Do they plan a highway around the town with convenient off ramps to the business district? ...

Ain't no money in that! Who would pay for the highway and how would it generate revenue for the town?

...They now plan to fill this land with office buildings! How are all these office people to get into their offices?...

The thought on the office buildings is that it will create revenue for the town, which everyone has been desperate to do since the steel mill closed. Most of the plans I've seen put in new roads through the steel property -- I really don't see that the office buildings will make traffic any worse than it is now -- it should just re-route it differently.

...Visit Phoenixville when Route 422 backs up. This is what you should expect from every Chester and Montgomery County town where the people have no idea beyond the latest car crash on Action News. [...]The Schukyll Expressway - even conjested at 10 AM - is what the rest of the region will look like - if the region has any serious growth....

I would completely agree with this statement. The antidote, I think, is to clamor *heavily* for more public transportation.

...As for the Schyullkill Valley Metro, you must be dreaming!!! ...

Gotta dream -- can't do much else in all that traffic! ;-)

...Read the Inky's study of it, then realize the 'bribed and paid for' local politicans are doing everything they can to destroy it. ...

My impression is that it's the Philly and Delco politicos who don't want to spent the money -- for what I've heard, the local folks along the line *definately* want it (for obvious reasons! ;-)). It's getting those who *aren't* right on the line that are upset. . .

[Edited by GarlicQueen on 02-17-2001 at 07:20 PM]