View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #26
gvidas
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
One of the most difficult things is that she has family, where I do not. She's got their support, she tells them her version of the truth and they buy it. I hope I can still salvage my relationship with my BIL because he and I got along well. But I have a narcissistic/borderline personality disorder mother (actual diagnosis) who lost the plot ages ago. She's never even met the mm, and only seen the inch once, a few months after he was born. So yeah, dead to me and likewise, me to her. My sisters are budding narcissists, or at least very self involved, usually only calling me for advice on fixing their houses. So, yeah feeling lonely and alone. Lots of acquaintances, only one or two really close friends. One lives 3 hours away and the other is local but is mad in love with his wife and they hang with themselves a lot, or with other couples.

Don't know your deets well enough to dig deep into the unlicensed unprompted unwarranted psychoanalysis, but this sort of dramatic life change might be a good opportunity to reassess / rekindle some of those relationships. IE just cos the dominant interaction you have with your sisters is housefixing doesn't meant they don't appreciate you -- could just be that's the only way they know how to hang out with you.

Also I think it is legit to call a sibling up and say "I am going through a complicated and stressful period in life and, as my blood-kin, it is your duty to drink this beer and listen to me vent."
gvidas is offline   Reply With Quote