View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #60
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
faith is not brainwashed. The unthinking sheep can have faith, because he never thought about what he is being fed.

The person who thinks about the subject and has had a personal experience can have faith independantly (IOW, not directly caused by) the preponderance of religion in his/her life.

I have to agree with Noodles on this one Jim, and I've noticed that the subject of religion pushes the "asshole" button on you. It makes you cranky and tends to make you personally attack. Just an observation.
my "asshole button"? that's a good one. don;t get shit on your finger!

rofl.....

you're right about those that choose to believe and have faith. i said brainwashing. that was too strong a word. i refer to the effect that the cumulative opinion of the masses has on the individual. the "peer pressure"....

I may seem cranky. what i really am feeling is disapointment. or bewilderment.

as i said before, i find it appalling that people who's opinions I normally respect......break down and fall back on "faith" as their argument. faith is not an argument. faith is believing something that you can't prove. While I can;t prove them wrong. my position is at least as valid as theirs. why can;t we just say " i dunno?"

neither of you two have said ...hey, yeah, your idea is just as good as mine. I've repeated that several times now. respect me, and i'll respect you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote