View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK
I'm having a hard time understanding this picture. If it was a constrictor why and how would it be up 8 ft in the rafters somewhere a cat wouldn't be - with a cat? They don't back up once they attack. So it wouldn't back back up into the rafters after being on the floor making a kill.
I dunno about that particular breed of snake, but my (much smaller) ball pythons would often strike downward to pick the mouse up off the tank floor if they were already up in their little climby branches when it was feeding time. They wouldn't deliberately climb up there for an attack, but they spent a lot of time just hanging out up there, so it was an even chance it was faster to just reach down and grab the food. What's more, once they made the initial snatch, they would often recoil backwards in order to get more strength behind their grip or sometimes extra wraps around the mouse if the little guy was a fighter.

Also, what in the world makes you say a cat wouldn't be in the rafters? You only have cats with no legs or something?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote