View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #45
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Beware the passive voice. It was created by Iran as a surrogate; it didn't spring from the brow of Zeus.
MaggieL cannot acknowledge reality: Hezbollah was created by Lebanese in response to Israel's invasion followed by aggressive abuse of Lebanese civilians. Those same Lebanese first welcomed the Israelis with flowers and rice. Even the details - ‘flowers and rice’ - were reported in history. MaggieL must forget that detail. As Israeli soldiers abused Lebanese, then Hezbollah was created to defend Lebanon from Israel.

Why did Israel withdraw from Lebanon? Too many Israeli deaths as Hezbollah drove Israel from Lebanon. More details that MaggieL must forget when using a perspective of a world in black and white. Clearly Israelis wear white and Hezbollah wears black. Clearly the world is not about perspectives.

Then return to reality. When Israel and the 'abused victims in Lebanon' finally start negotiating, then Hezbollah will need not shop the world for tools to defend Lebanon.

Instead MaggieL says - in the great tradition of Gen Westmoreland - that all Hezbollah must be murdered so that peace will break out. That must be her conclusion when the world is about 'good verses evil'. She offers no other solution. Her world denies that Israel violence against Lebanese civilians that created Hezbollah.

MaggieL even forgets who arranged the massacre of 5000 Palestinian women and children. Clearly it must have been Hezbollah who wear black. White clad Israelis would never massacre those 5000 refugees? Not in MaggieL's world.

MaggieL must invent another boogey man: Iran created Hezbollah. So Iran also massacred those 5000 women and children? Of course. Color of clothes proves it.

Fashion sense to define evil just does not work. Hezbollah was create by Israel that invaded Lebanon (illegally) and then abused Lebanese civilians (justified by 'they are arabs; therefore they are niggers' attitude).

Notice, unlike MaggieL, I also define a solution: When Israel and the 'abused victims in Lebanon' finally start negotiating, then Hezbollah will need not shop the world for tools to defend Lebanon. But then I am not blinded by the colors 'black and white'. I am biased by reality and a world chock full of perspectives.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote