Thread: What's Painful
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

What's Painful

Ya know what's painful, I mean REALLY painful? Knowing that you are not a brilliant person
**. Oh, and spare me, all you superior Cellar noids, if you THINK you're brilliant it's only because you haven't MET the RIGHT people yet. I have been reading and reading and writing and writing and Baked Alaska'd in other people's essence of brilliance-ness and I have to tell you: I am in awe of them and I wish I was like them, but I'm not and I never, ever will be and laydees and gentlemen--THAT is painful.

On the OTHER hand, I have met people who have been only one swing out of the tree. So. I ask you. Is it all perception and education, or is it really true that some are more equal than others?

**caveat--i never thought I was brilliant, but, i thought I was middling good. And, I'm not.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 05-31-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote