View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 05:46 PM   #38
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I agree...and who would you rather see doing that? A slickster or a provoker?
It doesn't matter. In the end, diplomacy is just so much blahblahblah. Both sides always know what the outcome is going to be (at least the front-line diplomats do, even if their handlers don't), and they're just following their lines.

What matters is policy, and in the long view, liberal government is bad for this country. It encourages suckling of the government teat at the expense of taxpayers, vast amounts of money go to programs that never pay off (the notable Clinton exception being Americorps), and the foreign policy has historically been abysmal. Too many people refuse to look at liberalism for what it is because they've been convinced that white people getting rich only happens when black people starve. It's all scare tactics and class envy, and every time this country falls for it, some mean old conservative has to come along and fix everything that the warm fuzzy Marxist has fucked up.

Anyway, at the end of the day, we're more concerned about Janet Jackson's Super Bowl Tittie Extravaganza. No matter who gets elected, we will pretty much live the same lives. For all the talk about rich people, their wealth never hurts us personally. Likewise, I don't know many people who go downtown and write personal checks to the junkie in the cardboard box. Who cares who's president, let's go have a beer.

edit: last graf is smartass comment on voter apathy, which I just realized didn't go over. I'm not adept at thinking prior to talking sometimes, oops.

Last edited by mrnoodle; 02-16-2004 at 07:36 PM.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote