View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 06:05 PM   #13
monster
I hear them call the tide

thanks. I just hate this. I've been spoiled/fortunate, I've never really had to look for work before. The few jobs I've had just kind of fell into place/were not a life necessity -When I was 13 I went into a newsagent and asked if they needed any morning paper deliverers. they did. Then at 16, and 17, I got Saturday jobs in the same way. Ditto in college, or I saw ads in windows and walked in.... But they were just jobs. not careers. and there was no need/issue regarding benefits. They were just part time jobs to get us through. Lucky's was the same.... The oldest was off to college, the youngest was off to high school so school volunteer needs were diminishing, I thought I should probably think about getting a job, saw this ad for a new business....... got a job, full time although I had wanted part time, got bennies even though I didn't need them....... then got stuck because I did....

/whining. for today. probably.

....I just tried to file for unemp ins payments online as I was told I should because I'm entitled. Demoralizing and ridiculous, so I stopped. All designed to put people off claiming rather than incentivize/help them find work. Sound financially, but immoral, especially as they charge the employer.... The USA/MI is shit at actually helping people. leaving that task for another day