View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #29
TheDaVinciChode
Chews Food Coming In, And Going Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Guilt? The world anticipated a large Jewish emigration and the one thing they could agree on was that they'd rather it not be to their country. Hey, they have a place to go... and there it is.

At what point in history?
Six-Day War of June 5–10, 1967.
Lebanon War of 1982.
Sabra and Shátila massacre between 16th and 18th of September 1982.

To name a very select few...

Many others are debatable, whether Arabs, or Jews, started the confrontation... It's a very sordid mess, with neither party being completely without blame... It's give-and-take, that's for sure... but the people (Military/Government, as well as a large portion of the population) of Israel try to claim absolute innocence... and the world lets them. That disturbs me, and annoys the crap out of me.

Currently, I'd side with the people of Palestine, simply because it's clear to any objective observer, that Israel is going over-the-top, showing little-to-no restraint, and, well... acting no better than the Nazi Party they still cry about. They won't stop, either, until certain countries stop backing them, and leave them to suffer the consequences of their actions.

It's a religious sect, within Palestine, that's causing most of the trouble against Israel... It's the Military, Government, and People of Israel, causing all of the trouble, against Palestine.

Who's more to blame? The entire country, attacking the country based on a (comparatively) small group of religious extremists (why does that sound familiar?) or the civilians having to suffer because said group of extremists?

Punish the few, not the many... Apparently, the Israeli people would rather punish the many, rather than the few.