Thread: Dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #26
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Always had cats and dogs as a little girl.

My first long term dog was a mutt dumped at my then bf's work - "Leah". She was a kelpie crossed with something little. Such a loyal little dog!! Died age 5 defending my Mum against a a brown snake (really venomous over here).

I got "Marty" the Rotti as an 8 week old puppy and made the awfully heart breaking decision to have him put down after he shattered his back leg. I cried for weeks, had days off work and will bawl my eyes out on April 29th, which will be the 7 year anniversary of when I had him put him. He was nearly 10.

I went through the period of mourning where I didnt!! want another dog, nothing could replace Marty in my heart and I didnt want to go through that pain.

About 3 mths later, I recognised the emptiness that had always been filled with a dog and decided it was time to get another.

Everybody thought I would get another Rott, but I couldnt, because I felt the dog would always be compared to Marty.

Now there's "Clyde" the Bull Mastiff x Great Dane and "T" the Irish Wolfhound x Great Dane.

Both dogs have the nicest nature and are gentle giants. Clyde has never destroyed anything in his life (except hunting wise), T is a destructive tart and can get snappy with the kids. She's good though, when they annoy her, she just jumps the fence and hops in the back of the Ute where they cant get at her.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote