View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #10
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Ha!

Trump is sticking to his guns. The Secretary of the Navy aired some heartburn, publicly and privately, with two different stories, over Trump's intervention; so, he just got fired.

Quote:
Pentagon chief asks for Navy secretary’s resignation over private proposal in Navy SEAL’s case

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after losing confidence in him over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL [Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher] accused of war crimes in Iraq, the Pentagon said. …

… Esper asked for Spencer’s resignation after learning that he had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with proceedings against Gallagher, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire as a Navy SEAL, with his Trident insignia.

Spencer’s private proposal to the White House — which he did not share with Esper over the course of several conversations about the matter — contradicted his public position on the Gallagher case, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.

Esper said in the statement that he was “deeply troubled by this conduct.”

“Unfortunately, as a result I have determined that Secretary Spencer no longer has my confidence to continue in his position," Esper said. ...
I wonder if the Rear Admiral who is Commander of the SEALs can read the writing on the wall.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote