Old 10-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #38
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
She's over reacting.
I agree with this part.

Quote:
It's not a woman it's a damn cartoon character with an air pressure seal. Anything, anyone sees passed that, is from their own imagination, and the creator is not responsible for that.
But not with this part.
C'mon, when everyone "imagines" the same thing, immediately, you have to admit it is either very strongly suggested or clearly depicted. Face it (so to speak), it looks like a vagina and everyone "got" that straight away. No one has posted asking for an explanation of why we all think it is funny. This is not one of those subliminal symbols which may or may not be there, and which we can argue about. It's there.
I cannot believe that no-one in the design process noticed. The went with it anyway. So they are responsible for it. This doesn't prove it is objectionable, just that they are responsible.

Instead of being an objectionable objectification of female anatomy, it could alternatively be interpreted as a positive statement celebrating and glorifying the female power of pregnancy and birth-giving. (Damn, when did I turn into a postmodernist theoretical feminist? Just how much did that damn tick suck out???)

But I agree with SG that she could lighten up a little. I think it is more funny than objectionable.