Thread: Ibby foodblogs
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Ibby, if you want to start HRT, you will want to start a concurrent aspirin regimen. One 86 mg baby aspirin a day will do. But you WILL have to give up the cigs. My endo refused to write for me until I did. I quit that day after 26 years of a pack a day. I was a real bear for two weeks, but it was worth it.

Welcome to the world of women watching their weight! E will tend to slow your metabolism. Also, it will give you osteoporosis, so take a good calcium supplement. If you are going to be taking spironolactone, avoid bananas or other high-potassium foods. And, if I may suggest, cut WAY back on the beer and go with water or water-based beverages. My favorite is unsweetened tea, or perhaps iced tea made with Splenda (sucralose). Ad lots of it. I drink it or the like by the gallon.

My diet is appalling; I cannot process vegetables or spices, so I'm a meat-and-potatoes girl. I love bread and pizza. But I cut out the Tombstones (mostly) and went with homemade. Healthier, with a LOT less sodium. Pizzas can be quite healthy, if you choose your toppings carefully.

let me locate my camera and I will do a foodblog to support you, but also to warn you.