View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 AM   #25
SPUCK
Professor

I am amazed that everything is Brite RED! Blood usually heads to brown really fast.

That is most the deer XOXO, they aren't all that long.

I think he was going much faster than 70MPH. The spray pattern and the fact that stuff streamed heavily to the back windows also speaks for a higher speed than 70MPH. And NO! The driver is not going to say, "Yeah I was going 85 or 90MPH when the deer jumped out officer". No skid marks prevents any verification ability too.

Air bags are dangerous enough that they are not to go off in accidents slower than about 15-20MPH. The only way the system can estimate the speed is by the vehicle deceleration rate. A 70 pound deer cannot decelerate a 3,500 pound car rapidly enough to allow the system to equate a +15MPH wreck is occurring.

A guy and his wife were driving here a few years ago and a deer did this same thing. They were going 45MPH. The deer's hoof came thru the windshield and killed the man's wife. It was very sad.

I saw a cow hit in Texas by a car. It wasn't pretty.

My Dad's brother who had my Dad riding on the back of his Harley hit a Black Angus steer on a rural road in WA. It knocked him unconscious. My Dad was still functional. He drug his brother out of the road. Got the bike up. Jumped on it and got going for help. He'd never driven a motorcycle before. The country road he was racing down came to and end, crossing-the-T with another road. Caught by surprise he turned the throttle the wrong way and shot across the intersection through a board fence.

He said he had so much fun he went out and bought his own Harley. Of course I was not allowed near one of those donorcycles. LOLO
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote