View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Frazier is the only one I remember beating the shit out of Ali. Not many people knew Frazier went to the hospital after that slugfest. But before that Ali took more hits in training than in the ring, and after that he took hits but nothing like that first Frazier fight.

Is that what caused is health to decline? Plenty of other fighters took similar beatings without Parkinson's. You know, I wonder if all that chuckin' and jivin' early in his career didn't rattle his brain? I've seen the clips of him in the corner ducking twenty punches in a row. The stops, starts, and ridiculous acceleration he was capable of, had to put tremendous strain on the brain.

Not to mention ducking the ladies being so damn pretty and all.

A lot of guys I was going to school with, grumbled when he converted to Islam. So much so they didn't want to hear anything he had to say after that. I thought that was ironic because he was saying, Hey blackman, get off your ass, stop sticking your hand out, get educated, get working, and taking care of your family, which is exactly what they had been saying in private.