View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 04:15 PM   #8
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

It's not like any of it matters anyway.

When I graduated, our VD received a full scholarship to UT. Sometime during her first year, she had met a busboy at a local greasy-spoon in Corpus (where we went to HS), two years her junior. He was still in school.
Sometime during the summer after our freshamn year in college, she and this dirtbag were our cruising around near the beach. A cop started following them (curious to see what they were doing out late in the area), but because they had beer in the car, and nobody was of age at the time, they decided to flee. Since she had some type of Geo at the time, the cop had no trouble keeping up in his Caprice cruiser with the LS/1. Somehow, she mistook a boat ramp for a driveway, and ended up plunging the car into a canal. She and her boyfriend were okay. His younger friend in the backseat wsan't. From the story I heard, he was unable to push the passenger seat forward and climb out (let's hear it for coupe safety). Negligence charges wer dropped against her, and the last time we spoke, she had not gone back to school.

Being the "slacker" and "goof-off surfer dude" that I am, I would say that my success thus far has measured up a little better, albeit cicumstances of luck and judgement. So a big THBBBT to all those teachers that told me to try harder in school if I wanted to do anything in life. And screw the ruling-class in school, because they just make the rest of us look bad.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote