View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #87
Ero
Musician

Nicotine...

I'm not here to insult you but to be serious. I did not completely read the topic but i read a few pages so correct me if i'm wrong.

It seems you hate immigrants from Mexico (I know the situation; I had a project on it in school a few years ago) because they are stealing the jobs from the common American inhabitants. But the problem is, in my point of view, that the world is one big lump of... well... earth, and we have all been put here as humans (whoever did that; great job...), all looking for a meaning in their life and trying to make it enjoyable. But if we keep seeing people from other countries as different species, cause that's what most of us are doing, we're not going to get very far. The world is one big country in my point of view and this might be an idealistic view but we should try to treat eachother that way.

Mexico is a poor country, at least most of the people life under bad circumstances. Their neighbours on the other hand, America, are very wealthy in many points of view. So how can you ever expect those poor Mexicans not to want going to America if the level of welfare there is so much higher as in their homeland. You can't blame them. At least I can't. We should all work together to make the world a better place and banning people from other countries out of your country isn't the way (in my point of view). It might seem like a great idea at first but over time it will only cause more problems as we see with the illegal immigrants.

Second, I think the foremost reason of being angry at the immigrants for the bad state of your own life is projection. Projecting your own unhappiness about the way things are going on a scarecrow, which in these case is the Mexican population. This is very primitive in my point of view.

If you take any of this as an insult; it wasn't meant that way.

Think about it...