View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #25
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

From my first link:

Quote:
The Act empowers the U.S. president to call into service the U.S. Armed Forces and the National Guard:

● to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of Constitutionally-secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights.
If the situation gets beyond law enforcement's ability to control, the military would intervene to protect "Constitutionally-secured rights."

The Law of Land Warfare would apply:

--The laws of war are the rules respecting war- fare with which, according to international law, belligerents and neutrals are bound to comply. ' The rules of land warfare had their origin in the practices and usages of war which gradually grew into customs or were embodied in conventions.

The only real concern I see would be a President who wouldn't stop belligerence from escalating beyond law enforcements ability to contain it. That hasn't happened so far. Are you having reservations about Biden being willing to do that if he's elected?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote