View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #17
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
This is Mr. Clod's opinion as well, and it seems utterly bizarre to me. I don't find it hard to imagine AT ALL. Enforcers in every city are firing on Americans right now, just ones they've deemed destructive criminals. Yeah, they're not going to march into your suburban house and slaughter you on your couch--but if they think you're with "the other side?" Or if they think your house is secretly a resistance base and needs to be targeted? Soldiers will absolutely fire on people they no longer consider to be Americans.
I think there's an important difference between the average cop and the average soldier, and an even bigger one between the average, say, CBP thug in riot gear gassing protesters and the average soldier. I've seen plenty of interviews with guardsmen being like "nothing is more demoralizing than when I got deployed against rioters asking me why I'm here, what I'm doing, why I would do this to Americans". I'm......... not exactly someone with a high opinion of soldiers, but they mostly signed up to go kill and oppress foreigners, not other Americans. I think we will see a split between the, large contingent of right-wing agitators in the military that people have been warning about for a long time, the white supremacists and dominionists, and the.. soldiers who are less cool with taking over the country. effectively, my prediction is that like, a third of the military will desert and form right-wing militias, a third will desert cause they don't wanna, like, shoot their neighbors, and a third will remain, with a military leadership that, I think, would be more likely to either sit things out or act as a "peacekeeping" force nominally unaligned with the Partisans? obviously there's a lot of ways things could go and this is all just me guessing but I do not think that the military is loyal to Trump the way that, say, the Syrian military is loyal to Assad. I have trouble imagining a scenario where the military itself is a major combatant. maybe there's a timeline where, like, Trump has "been declared" the winner and there's an organized enough insurgency that he calls in the military and they do it but i fell like things are likely to be less straightforward than than.