View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

June 26, 2007: Corn field motoring

Reddit points to this item from the Netherlands, where apparently a police chopper captured this great shot.
Which is scaled down a little from the original even more massive shot...

It turns out this is the result if an extremely confused and coked-up guy drives into a cornfield. Picture it:
one moment the guy is looking at road, the next moment he's looking at... something! he can't figure out!
Even if he drives around in circles! it's still! all! around! The only way to defeat it is to mush it all down!
That's right, can't take any chances! Mush it all down! All down!

Anyway, I particularly like the Dutch-to-English translation of a news article that someone posted.
Somehow these translations almost speak in the accent of the language barrier they are trying to cross.
I mean, when I read the following, I read it with a Dutch accent, and it fits *perfectly*.

Quote:
Around 18.25 the police force report got that on the Kornpad in Dussen grey Mercedes the corn field
had ridden into area car. On the spot the agents found a completely confused man, who drove rondjes
with its car constantly by the corn field. It succeeded in absolutely no manner to make contact with
the man. When of the agents a its gatekeeper tried pull open, the man gave gas. The agent fell on
the ground and could, by super-fast is legs pull away, prevents that he was run over. To prevent that
the motorist would reach public gone, the access ways were turned off to the field with police force
vehicles. This will have brought with, as it happens, an unacceptable security risk with itself.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote