View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #14
Flint
Snowflake

In retrospect they might not be a malicious sock puppet. Perhaps just a naive wackadoodle who is peddling dangerous conspiracies upon which *literal life and death* rests on a razor's edge.

I'll ask my friends in the service industry about the angry, spittle-spewing, anti-mask bullies with loaded machine guns that are congregating in force outside their places of business, and coming into their completely unprotected personal spaces after pushing past huge signs that say "masks are state law, and here's a free mask," and whether it matters to them if their behavior was enabled by a Russian bot or a kindly 82yo spokesperson for the end-of-times death cult. Oh and also if angry machine-gun men come knocking on their door, like they are literally doing in my town, is it "okay" if they're just the victims of rampant disinformation, and WHEN people start getting shot was it all just a harmless misunderstanding.

That being said, I don't have any illusions of free speech, I'm happy to conform to the rules of the Cellar. I don't even disagree with UT, so stop making it into a thing.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote