View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
They're total crap, along with drug testing. They're just the first step an employer takes to make sure you know that you're not entering a formal agreement, but rather that you are submitting to them before you're even hired.
Posturing. Letting you know that "we dont need you nearly as much as you will benefit from our position" and otherwise setting the tone.

It has always seemed to me that an incoming employee should also have the benefit of having those same items from management that they demand from the employee, drug test, credit report, criminal background, etc, etc.

Doesnt it make sense that an employee might be harmed in some way by an employer that doesnt have all those items in good standing? Who has all the control within the office? It's not the employee. Who has more ability to damage the other?

We should have them fill out the same silly effing BS that they would like us to.

The interview might go something like.....

Slang: Ok, looks like we've gone through your BS systems and processes to make me think that I'm not truly worthy of working here and that you are the best thing since night baseball.....(unwinds the clasp on a large manila file as seen in the Matrix )....Let's review some of YOUR personal stats.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote