View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #33
Flint
Snowflake

Well, my kids will be home-schooled, but I understand your point. It was covered ^^^up there somewhere^^^ that using a curse word as an exclamation is different than using it intentionally to be disruptive.

Now, the next part is a fine line for sure, but "merging with society" has never been one of my goals, as society is totally fucked-up, isn't it? My goal would be more like to be a good person, live by the golden rule certainly, and respect your fellow man and his beliefs, but to never ever ever compromise your ideals and cave in to any kind of rotten institution just because that's the way things are accepted as being done. I know that raising children is a responsibility where I have to teach them what they need to know in order to be happy and successful, and I myself remember being angry, at times, at my Mother for raising me around non-traditional ideas, but eventually, I believe that the power of the individual who believes in his heart that he/she is doing the right thing for the right reasons is a higher authority than any entrenched dogma society will try to sucker you into going along with.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote