Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #199
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's OK because eventually Google punishes them for bad links when it changes the algorithms.

Not that cellar.org is considered a source of bad links, but they put their links up widely;

And then Google finds the links on sites that are known link farms; and changes its algorithm to give negative scores for those links;

And then the site linked to is heavily punished in search rankings, and their traffic suddenly just *boom* goes away, along with all revenue for their business;

And then I get a message from Contact Us saying please, as a favor to us, that link is bad, it's hurting us, remove that link;

And then I get a second message a week later saying this is a followup, I notice you haven't taken the link down, please as a favor remove that link;

And then I send them a notice saying that the volume of requests for link removal is high, but if they pay my invoice for $5 for the work involved, I will take the link down.

So far it has not paid off once, but the joy I get in sending those invoices is so great that it makes up for everything.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote