View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
huh.. I've had the opposite experience.

i've told my sister, mother, brother, father etc about this place for years. forwarded links to threads, etc....

at this point they know what I'm talking about when I say 'the cellar'... and their eyes no longer glaze over...
Ditto. Mum has come round to the idea that y'all are real people because of the GTGs and the help I have acknowleged for many years now. And I have photos with me in them, so if she knew the term catfish she wouldn't worry about that either.
But she'd never come here. I I am very glad of that. She has her people to vent to, I have mine. And also I'd hate to hurt her with some of my past posts; posting when tired and emotional doesn't bear sober scrutiny.

I tried to get my bro to join, but he has his own forums to play with. I suspect he uses them more for information exchange than social support.
There are things on here I would never say to him, but if asked I would admit them. He has instructions on what to do if I am unexpectedly hospitalised or I die.

Mum has Limey's landline and Dana's mobile, but I wouldn't want the onus on them to spread news like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Wow this makes me sad for both involved.
Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Me too
Me three.

Nothing at all against Bunyip, but I do hope we get to keep Zen.