View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh totally cool, sm. I love the sound of Old English. Last year when I did a module on Anglo-Saxon culture our professor was this brilliant and slightly eccentric medievalist with short grey pixie hair and glasses on a cord round her neck...in the first seminar she recited some Anglo-Saxon riddle verse. She was fluent and it sounded amazing. One day when I find the time I'd like to learn Old English.

Today was fairly restful for the most part. Unfortunately in the evening I had to attend a shitty meeting with a bunch of shits who are totally shitty where, unsurprisingly, I had a shitty time.

Yesterday, now yesterday was a much nicer day because it was my last exam. Having managed, with the devil nipping at my heels, to force myself to do some actual revision for the last day, I was able to arrive at uni feeling reasonably sanguine about what might crop up on the paper. Got there early enough to grab a coffee and a roll and on opening the exam paper I discovered that out of the eight questions (from which I was to select two) I could have whipped up an argument for at least 5 of them. Now, the answers I gave weren't the best essays I've ever written, but I think they'll pass muster enough not to drag my grades down too much which I'm happy with. Either way, last exam is done and that means apart from picking up marks the academic year is over til late september.

Walked out of exam down to the Student Union shopping mall and bought four sci-fi books from the Union bookstore (two Doctor Who and a Torchwood and then one random new sci-fi writer). Read for the hour long bus journey back, walked Pilau and then read for the rest of the afternoon. Glorious.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-29-2008 at 07:44 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote