View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #30
mrnoodle
bent

Spexx is right -- I checked, and the $300k is only the investment half of my parent's "holdings". There is also their house + 1 acre, and my grandparent's 28 acres of grass in TX. But that doesn't change the fact that every single dime of it was made by a guy who was told by his parents that he was too stupid to finish high school. He went into the navy, got the GI Bill, used it to start in college, and worked 2 jobs while getting a doctorate in industrial technology. He entered the highly lucrative world of teaching at that point. I remember when the best we could do for dinner was weiners covered in the cheapest cheese that could be bought. Not the same as digging in dumpsters, but humble enough beginnings considering where he ended up. He got a consultancy in the mid 80s that enabled him to make a better living in the summer, so he invested what he could and put 2 1/2 kids through college (I had to pay for most of mine because my grades were worse than they were willing to pay for ). Lots of hard work, lots of late late nights for many years. And yet they were both always around. That's a pretty remarkable achievement in my view. But apparently Shawnee wants a cut. Not just for her, but for those she feels are "owed" by the "rich". When she hears someone disagree, she takes personal shots at people who she couldn't even approach in terms of decency and kindness.

Enough arguing. I'm tired, and due for a little Cellar break. That will come as a relief to some of you, but I hope the rest take a look at who, consistently, are the players when hate starts getting thrown around. See you later, when I replace the layers of normally thick skin that people have been trying to fillet off for the past few weeks.