Thread: You RFN, 2012
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #208
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sorry, I deleted my post. Didn't mean to make it look dopey. lol I knew I should have been quicker.

Anyway, I just feel that there are a lot more things I want to say, but sometimes there's not much point because sometimes what you're saying falls on deaf ears simply because the person you're talking to doesn't have enough life experience to put what you're saying into a similar framework of understanding. That's what I feel the difference is between Ibram's thoughts and mine. I think sometimes youth forgets that age understands a lot more than youth thinks and isn't as old and thoughtless as perhaps youth would like to believe.

eta: Let me put it this way. You (Dana) suggested ibram should choose his battles. I believe the same. I think he has a choice about being offended by what people say. He can choose to get huffy about things, or he can simply recognise that his understanding is not the same as the other persons understanding and leave it at that.

I'd understand if someone said something horrible to him and he felt the need to arc up, but I don't see the benefit of doing it every time, especially considering the fact that it's fairly clear that Ibram has a long way to go on this path of discovery and I doubt that even he is sure where he fits, so why should he have the right to get cranky or offended if someone else doesn't either.

Anyway, I'm probably just hormonal. I'm going to just leave this thread now.

BTW, I like the hair colour Nirvana!

Last edited by Aliantha; 02-04-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Aliantha is offline   Reply With Quote