Thread: 2016 Election
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #19
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
For what its worth he was a mayor. The bar is set pretty low for executive competence based on the last few administrations. People seem to trust him at the bargaining table which isn't an attribute we've seen in a while.

I too would prefer someone focused on this country.
I lived in Burlington when he was mayor. He was great.

He's also from Brooklyn so there's that.

He's the only candidate I trust because he isn't owned by any corporation, he's honest, he's not from old money, his agenda has always been the welfare of the general population not a select few.

Of course in politics none of this matters because people will always hedge their bets or vote strategically for the lesser of two evils rather than the good guy, because they are worried that the good guy won't win.

Further, the majority of the US populace is really too ignorant to be allowed to vote, in fact I'd say the entire population is too ignorant to vote. Not saying we are stupid, although many of us are, but that we are not given facts, background information, the whole story, and so on. Without information we can't make an informed vote. The fear that Obama or anyone else will "take away my guns" is a prime example. No one is going to take away anyone's guns. It's not feasible. That there is no serious penalty for politicians being caught lying adds to the nightmarish feeling of uncertainty. It's like the entire country is being gaslighted.

Our political system makes me sick, and I hate this aspect of my country. To me it's the 99% of politicians who give the rest a bad name. Almost by definition politicians are not patriots and are actually anti-American.

Our country is truly fucked and I don't think any president will be able to make any difference given that corporations own the government.

Bureaucrats, MBAs, lawyers, politicians, and corporate leviathans should all summarily banished to the middle of the Pacific Ocean on one of those rafts of jetsam, put Chinese handcuffs on their dicks and let them fight it out.

Did I mention I fucking hate everything about our shitty, pretend political system? It's the same as the TSA "security theater" it's democracy theater. I'm too old to enjoy playing "Let's pretend."

Your votes means shit. A republican will be put in the white house, any money in the coffers will be plundered and spent on the goods and services of the friends of the administration.