View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:51 PM   #691
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I am extremely happy with the transdermal vitamin products from PatchMD--or at least the iron supplement, so far.

It's funny because these things are primarily advertised for people who have had bariatric surgery and thus are chronically nutrient-deficient and can't absorb extra vitamins even if they take them. But they also work great for people whose digestive tracts are just generally sensitive. I haven't tried any on my kids at all, just experimenting on myself to determine the effectiveness and quality, and the one thing I am chronically, abysmally low in is iron. Oral iron is especially tough on the system--even when I take the supposed "slow release" "plant-derived" "makes no difference" crap--and my doctor had warned me that if I can't manage to swallow enough extra pills, probably every day from now until menopause given my heavy periods, I'd have to go with IV delivery on who knows how regular of a basis.

But ha-HA! I gave the PatchMD iron patches a shot, and they work! Levels are already creeping upward within days, rather than months, and I feel good (like I do when I take a bunch of iron pills) except I'm not shitting green and cramping (like I do when I take a bunch of iron pills).

Now I'm excited to find out what other magical products they can offer me.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote