Thread: Announcements
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #15
monster
I hear them call the tide

we were provided with gloves, masks and face shields. It was required for poll workers to wear face masks, although the seasoned veterans often had noses sticking out or took them off to speak. We all had our temperatures taken and signed to say we were symptom free as we started.

We had sanitizing wipes to use to wipe down booth after each voter and there was hand sanitizer. My cow-orker (who -it turned out- lives half a mile away from me) was very good at this for our booths and even our pens. I did not notice it happening so much in other precincts, but then I wasn't watching all that closely. (There were 6 precincts voting at that location).

The booths were set up 6 feet apart, but the major slip up/oversight was that each precinct only had 1 table where voters filled out their applications, had ID checks and ballots assigned. here poll workers and voters were not 6 feet apart, neither were voters filling in applications.The table was probably only 6 or 8 feet long and there were two of us behind it.

I encountered two people with coughs that concerned me, but that was all, and they were masked.

Michigan did not require voters to wear masks to vote but I don't think I saw anyone without one, which (pleasantly) surprised me.