View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
Snakeadelic
Banned

http://www.thehorse.com/articles/138...ivorous-horses

BE VERY AFRAID

A quote from the article (haven't read the first yet):
Meat foods mentioned included hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, bologna, ham, fried chicken, or buffalo wings--eaten from the hand or from the tailgate just as if they were apples. Unusual meaty food items included were spaghetti with meat sauce, chicken livers from the trash, whole raw eggs in the shell, meat-based dry dog food, and an entire family Thanksgiving dinner of turkey and trimmings. (Not everyone adequately explained the circumstances, and I am left wondering how that one could happen.)

My mom's last horse was a vicious murderer...of mice that came sneaking into HIS barn to steal HIS grain. No word of him ever eating a mouse, but the last summer he was alive while I was there to visit I did find a very flat mouse in a fresh, deep hoofprint! The chickens got away with thieving fallen grains, but only because by the time they figured out there was free food the horse had ringbone (a cripplingly painful & incurable bone issue near the hoof) in his forelegs and arthritis in his hind and couldn't catch a chicken before they'd fly over a fence.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote