View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #19
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

For those of you who enjoy Skyrim: here's a review of Mortal Online (the game I play) which compares it to Skyrim.

Quote:
Is Mortal Online the closest thing to a Skyrim MMO? I think so, and here’s why.

I think it’s safe to assume everyone who reads this blog knows what Skyrim is. It’s a vast single player role playing game with many sandbox features and an exciting open story line that lets you complete quests (or not complete quests) in whatever fashion you want. You see a mountain in this distance and you want to check it out. Than just do your quests later and walk or ride a mount to that mountain. There’s really very little artificial walls keeping you out of different content. For the most part the same is true with Mortal Online.
Quote:
Both games have a fairly advanced thievery system. It’s rare these days to see an MMO were players can steal from another players inventory. This create a sense of excitement when your in cities that you just don’t get in other games.

While in Skyrim you don’t have to worry about other people killing you because it’s a single player game you do have to worry about NPC’s and there’s really no true safezones. In Mortal Online anyone can try to kill you at anytime. There are guarded cities but if you don’t call the NPC guard in time your going to die, and there are plans on making Mortal’s guards even more like Skyrims guards in later patches.

All in all I would say Mortal Online is the closest thing we got to a Skyrim MMO until Bethesda decides to create one. Mortal Online is not without it’s flaws, but were not going to get another MMO like it for years to come.
There's a side by side feature comparison, which is pretty good too. Points out the flaws as well.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=264
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote