Thread: Censored Posts
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 10:55 AM   #10
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
It's pretty simple, juju. Maggie is free to say whatever she likes. I encourage her to write whatever she feels like writing. But she's shown, on a number of occasions, that she has very little valuable to contribute to my weblog - but a whole lot of negative.
This is your opinion. I think she is quite intelligent and has a lot to say. It's a shame that you have the power to make this decision for all of us.

Quote:
That's fine, so I asked her to stop - and put her on my ignore list. All seemed well for a while, until she started posting there again - with comments that are designed to provoke a response.
I disagree. Her posts aren't designed to provoke a response at all. It's just that you can't maintain control of yourself when you read them.

Quote:

Okay. I respect her freedom of speech, but at the same time, I don't need to tolerate it in my weblog.
???

When Maggie suggested that maybe my wife and I weren't right for each other, that really set my blood boiling. I was mad. I went off and posted a bunch of crap. But then, I realized that my response was just an emotional one. It wasn't logical at all. I realized that the problem lied with me and I calmed down, and accepted her words as constructive criticism. And today, she repays me by continuing to expand my mind with intelligent counterpoints and discussion. I guess you and I just have different ways of dealing with this.

Well, i'll butt out now. Unlike you, i'm content to voice my opinion, and then <i>agree to disagree</i>
juju is offline   Reply With Quote