Thread: Car question
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #65
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
It is fuel injected.

So in addition to hooking it up to a code reader, the shop manual says to: ...
Many of those items need not be checked either because they should never fail in the life of the car, or would be obvious from sound and observation.

Never need replacement include spark plugs and wires, rotor and cap, and PCV valve.

Would be obvious for other reasons include: fuel pressure, fuel injectors, battery cables, broken engine mount, and valve timing and those other related entries including camshaft lobes.

These entries should result in a check engine code: oxygen sensor, throttle position, coolant temperature sensor, MAP, most injector problems and low fuel pump pressure, EVAP problem (that will even detect a missing gas cap), ignition timing, and EGR.

I have no idea why refrigerant pressure is on the list unless they are discussing a mechanic who over pressurized the system.

That should seriously shorten a list of top suspects. Having said that, I don't know how 'good' your car's diagnostic software is. But being 1996 or later means a diagnosis is much easier due to that computer diagnostic port.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote